Quote Wizard/ Axure
Software Used: Axure
In this project, I was tasked to design and create a
Quote Wizard that needed to meet certain criteria, these were:
- The ability to add a new customer.
- The ability to control how many items can be ordered.
- Display the itemized billing information.
- The use of a dropdown selection menu.
This took me a little bit of time to get my head round but once I did I enjoyed the task and what Axure has to offer. I can see why a lot of people use it and am interested to try other software.
NetMatters Home Page
Languages Used: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL
In this project, I was tasked to replicate a pre-existing website.
The mark-up for the site is written and is styled to match the site, ensuring the site looks
consistent across all viewport widths although some of the methods used were different, the
outcome was the same. I used mainly flex-box to attain a responsive layout, and SaaS to help
speed the website up.
I used a mixture of code I had written, and plug-ins to implement the JS used in the NetMatters home page. I found that writing the code was good to help understand fundamental basics of JS and using the plug-ins allowed me to learn when it is more efficient and effective to use a plug-in.
I used PHP/MySQL to create two databases, a contact form, and a blog. The contact form used is on a table in the database to store any contact forms that are sent, and the blog uses it’s own table to generate the latest blog posts.
I really, really, liked this task, having a design to work of and using Peeper tool made this fun and enjoyable.
WordPress - The Human Codex
Languages Used: WordPress
This task asked me to build a WordPress website that had to be optimized
for SEO purposes.
The reflection tasks were as follows:
- Build a 5-page WordPress website, with SEO in-mind
- Your reflection should include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Page
- Gallery images that open within a lightbox
I really enjoyed this reflection, I had some previous WordPress experience and doing the course and reflection helped grow my knowledge and experience with it. I chose to do the reflection based on my side project as I had a lot of the media already and it was something close to me.
Languages Used: HTML, CSS, JS
In this project, I was tasked to create a landing page that
used Unsplash.com as a Image loader and meet the following criteria:
- Display an image from Unsplash.com.
- The image can be assigned to an email address.
- Your webpage should contain an input field that accepts an email address, which is validated.
- On submission, the image is linked to the email address.
- A new image will then display which can be linked to another email address, or the same email address.
- If the email address has multiple linked images - please display this.
Warren Services Solar Charging
Languages Used: HTML, CSS, JS
In this project, I was tasked to create a Charge Schedule that made
sure each car was charged enough for the following day's journeys. The criteria were:
- Each car needed to have the full charge needed for the following day
- There needed to be a 10% buffer for each car.
- The user must be able to input the Registration, Input Miles, Output miles and leave time.
- The schedule needed to be on a calendar from 07:00 am – 16:00 with the charging times blocked out.
- The schedule needed to calculate the number of miles needed and hours in order for it to work.
This took me a lot of time and I used Stack Overflow for reference and help to complete the project. It gave my practice in not only searching for the answers but asking for help if I could not find the answer I was looking for.